The 2015 Kevin Crine Privateer Awards at the Geico Motorcycle Budd’s Creek Pro National went to Zack Williams from Elko MN for the 250 Class and John Short from Pilot Piont TX in the 450 Class. Congrats Guys!!!! We’ll be following your success!!!! Click on photo below ….
Presented by Southern Maryland Dirt Riders at #BuddsCreekMX this past weekend! Keep working hard guys! http://bit.ly/SMDRPrivateer
I just wanted to take a minute and thank you for this weekend. The emotions and mind did not quit all weekend. We could not shut it down.
I tried to shake hands and thank every club member I came in contact with and spend even a few minutes with them.
There were 2 moments, among manly, that stood out.
1. A man by the name of John Barto, from PA, he was parked just past us in the field, came over to the motorhome Sunday Morning and introduced himself. The 1st words out of his month were, ” Mr. Crine, I have been watching you since Friday, walking the dogs, talking to everyone, walking the pits, shaking hands, how do you do it? He had tears in his eyes. I knew this was a troubled young man and I reached out and shook his hand and we started to talk. I switched the conversation from me to him and what was bringing on this emotion and tears. He lost his son, Wyatt 10 yrs old during a race in NC 2-4-08. 2 YRS after we lost Kevin and almost to the day. There were some folks starting to come over and I said to John, let`s go into the motorhome, there is someone I would like you to meet. We went in and the 3 of us sat, talked, listened to each other for over an hour.
2. The plaque. THANK YOU ALL., Jean loved it. When we got home, Jean was looking at the walls and asked me to move a picture over and had me place it in a sacred spot.
We had a great Pig Roast and Campout weekend and would like to recognize the following people that made it happen:
- Mike Cornwell Jr., SMDR member and owner of Pure Motor Sports ( https://www.facebook.com/Puremotorsportsxc ) for organizing the Kids Riders Clinic, and taking care of the track and the riders on it,
- Chip Jowett and Miriam Snyder for running the Women’s Clinic,
- Chip Jowett for overnight cooking duties and general responsibility and leadership,
- Rita Fox for taking care of all the logistics, memberships, and picnic coordination,
- and without Ray Gamache I don’t know if it would have all been possible!
We had such a good time this weekend that we would like to do it again in the fall and in order to do so we’re looking for any members that might have a lead on an old oil tank and a used trailer for donation so that we can make our own cooker. If anyone has any info let Ray know! email@example.com
Other SMDR News:
- This Wednesday the monthly SMDR Club Meeting will be cancelled since the Pig Roast Served as our May meeting.
- June 26th is the Budd’s Creek Pro National ( http://www.buddscreek.com ) we will be requesting Flaggers to volunteer for the race, a sign up sheet will be announced by the end of the week!
- This Saturday May 16th is the 7th Annual Touch a Truck Festival at the Blue Crab Stadium in White Plains, MD. Touch a Truck is an event for kids to come out and get a close look at some cool big trucks, tractors, AND dirt bikes and quads!!! SMDR will have a booth with local sponsor Atlantic Cycle to introduce kids and families to the dirt life!
Weekend Camping Friday May 8th to May 10th Sunday
- 11:00 AM: Youth Riders Clinic!: Age 12 and under and no bikes larger than 150cc.
- Plus there will be a Beginner Women’s Riders Clinic!
Adult Suspension set up and tuning class by Pete Payne with Heavy Duty Racing! Pete does all the suspension work for 454 Factory’s team.
Pig Roast Dinner will be Saturday May 9th at 4:00PM.
**Please Bring a Side Dish if your last name ends in A – M and a Dessert if your name ends in N – Z**